While the program traditionally recognizes classroom teachers, school librarians and counselors who teach students at least four hours per day may be nominated. Administrators are not eligible.
Schools may establish their own processes for selection Teacher of the Year. However, please note, the requirements from the Greater Lehigh Acres Chamber are as follows. Winning Teachers are...
- are experts in their field who guide students of all backgrounds and abilities to achieve excellence
- collaborate with colleagues, students, and families to create a school culture of respect and success
- deliberately connect the classroom and key stakeholders to foster a strong community at large
- demonstrate leadership and innovation in and outside of the classroom walls that embodies lifelong learning
- express themselves in an engaging and articulate way
Please give this considerable thought and fill out the form below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Brittany Carroll, Director of Education for Greater Lehigh Acres Chamber of Commerce.